20130629

Camouflage n' Omitted Sun.












One of my favorite pieces I read in a poetry book once, 

"You're looking at yourself in the mirror and you don't realize what you look like because you're just a baby so you smile and wave at the baby smiling and waving back at you. You glance away for a second, look back but then you are already eight, staring at your ripped jeans and scraped knees but it's worth it because you because you proved to the boys you're not a sissy after you threw out your bubble gum lipgloss, pink bows, and told them you hated pink. And then you're fourteen and you're in the mirror putting on eyeliner because suddenly you are into makeup and the boys like those girls now, and you're saying, you're shouting "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING MOM!" But she really did because now you're looking in the mirror on your wedding day but you're only half smiling because you wonder if you might not have had to go through with this if it wasn't for the kicking in your stomach. Before you know it, you're looking in the mirror again but you're wrinkled and tired-looking and the world is no longer at your feet yet you have nothing to show for yourself besies a daughter and next time you look you're looking in the mirror and you don't even know what you look like, you can't even recognize yourself so you look away.Yet you still know you can't avoid mirrors in a society as vain as ours."

Happy Saturday Readers! 

This week I also realized a couple things about myself. I finally discovered my actual style/the look that I am best with and want to accomplish. At the end of summer, I will achieve this, and much better posts that I am confident about will be shown just to inspire each of you. The best part about improving myself and my style, is the fact that I am not doing it for anyone. I am doing it for myself. I plan to be more dependent on myself rather than my surroundings. My advice is, always work on yourself. Always make yourself a better you, just for you.

While on the train, going to various interviews throughout the week, I looked at the people around me and the group they were classified as. In my surroundings, I am classified as a hipster. I embraced the name at first but then I realized, say if every one were going after this title, "Hipster", and started dressing differently just to aspire to be this name, we would all look the same. Just as I say its good to be different and not blend in, but if everyone was different, different would be common. 

So I am not a hipster. I don't want to be labeled as something and live up to the name people have called me. I am Annie, and I am a Minor. The One and Only. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I live in Hackney in London which has what people would call hipsters absolutely everywhere. It's interesting that you say you embraced the name first because in Hackney hipster is used in a derogatory way. But I totally get what you mean about if everyone was striving so hard to be different, that would become mainstream. Labels are dumb and your last sentences are great! Everyone should be who they are and whoever they want to be

    -Aida

    http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree so much. By the way, thank you for taking the time and reading what I wrote. I really appreciate that. I am glad that you agree with what I wrote. Its crazy how people always complain about society and yet do absolutely nothing to change it or change the way they do things! Im trying, one step at a time. :)

      -Minor

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...